Get ready to work your entire body in 30 minutes! In our Two-Week Tone-Up Plan workout , we figured it’s time to add some hand weights into the mix to help build lean muscle. So welcome to your first weighted workout; we suggest grabbing some medium-weight dumbbells, between five and 10 pounds, and some water! You’re going to want to hydrate during this one!
#1 Squat and Press
- Begin in a standing position with a dumbbell in each hand. Clean the dumbbells to shoulder height utilizing a jumping motion and shoulder rotation. Your palms should be facing each other and the elbows pointed forward. Look directly forward, keep your chest up, and place your feet about shoulder-width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Initiate the movement with a squat, flexing the knees and hips to lower your body. Descend as far as flexibility allows, maintaining good posture in the spine, hips, and knees.
- Pause for a brief moment at the bottom of the squat before returning to a standing position by extending the hips and knees.
- After fully rising to a standing position, press the weights overhead by extending the elbows and flexing at the shoulder.
- Return the weights to the shoulder before repeating the entire movement for additional repetitions.
#2 Push-Up and Rotate
- Add a twist to your basic push-up to work your waist even more — rotation never felt so good.
Begin in a plank position with your feet in line with your hips.
- Lower your body toward the floor, then push through your arms returning to plank.
- Twist to the left, reaching your left arm to the ceiling without letting your pelvis raise or lower.
- Return to plank position, bringing your hand back to the floor. Complete another push-up and twist to the right. This completes one rep, and 15 reps completes a set.
#3 Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
#4 Single Leg Bridge
- Lie on your back, and place your hands on the floor for stability as you bend one leg and lift the other leg off the ground.
- Pressing your heel into the floor, lift your pelvis up, keeping your body in a stiff bridge position.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor.
#5 Plank and Reach
- Begin in an elbow plank with your feet slightly wider than your hips to create more stability. Reach your right arm straight out, with the thumb pointed toward the ceiling. Return back to elbow plank, and reach your left arm out. This completes one rep.
- Surrenders Stand with your hands behind your head with your elbows wide, and bring your right knee gently to the ground.
- Bring your left knee down so you are kneeling. Keep your chest up and squeeze your glutes to keep yourself stable.
- Lift your right foot up and place it in front of you. Bring the left foot forward to stand up, pressing through your right heel.
- This completes one rep. Start the next by bringing your left knee to the floor. Do two to three sets of 12 reps each.
The post 30-Minute Workout: Get Total-Body Toned With This No-Equipment Circuit Workout appeared first on Looney Lane.