How many facts have you ever heard in your life that you thought to yourself, ‘surely that can’t be true’?
They just sound way too far-fetched, like somebody must have made them up and every just believed that person ever since.
You don’t believe every single thing that you hear, and sometimes you just know that some things are to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Well, I promise you these facts here are definitely 100% correct and true! This is not one word of a lie, as amazing as it may seem!
If you haven’t had all you can take of mind blowing facts, you’re about to hear some more!
You’ll be telling your friends and family all about some of these, I can guarantee it!
So get ready to be astounded, because these things are coming at you!
1. The average woman spends 17 years of her life on a diet
That’s a lot of time spent trying to look different!
2. People spend more time sitting on the toilet each week than exercising
What, you mean it doesn’t count as exercise?
3. Eventually over the course of a lifetime, the average person will clock up 1.4 years on the toilet
That’s a lot of pooping!
4. Cockroaches can live for weeks without their heads until they die of hunger
I feel like I can’t even last a DAY without dying of hunger!
5. Wooly mammoths were still around when the Egyptian pyramids were being built
I wonder if they helped!
6. The time that Cleopatra was alive was closer to the first Moon landing than to when the Great Pyramid was built
7. A bee can sting another bee
They often sting a bees other colonies if they attack their hive! A queen bee can even sting her rivals and other queens to death, even if they’re still babies! Yuck!
8. Every year, vending machines kill more people than sharks
Yet you’ve never seen a movie about a deadly vending machine!
9. Our sense of smell and taste decrease a lot during flights because of low pressure, and dryness in airplane cabins
So that’s why we feel like airplane food isn’t very tasty!
10. The average 4-year-old child asks almost 400 questions a day
Why? Why? Whyyyy?
11. If you could somehow remove all the empty space from the atoms that make up every single human on Earth, the entire world population could fit into an apple
Hope I’m not stuck next to you!
12. When they first made Facebook, the creators wanted to call the ‘Like’ button the ‘Awesome’ button
I’m pretty glad they didn’t get their way!
13. Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas
Some are apparently closer than others.
14. Half of all the people in history that have reached the age of 65 are living right now
15. You’re more likely to become the President than you are to win the lottery
Hey, it could happen!
16. What do you think weighs more in total? All of the ants on Earth or all the of humans on the planet?
You’d think it would be humans, right? We’re so much heavier each than an ant, and there’s 7 billion of us! Nope! In fact, all of the humans and all of the ants weigh about the same! Amazing, right?
17. 90% of the world’s population lives in the Northern Hemisphere
Everyone else is looking at you to pull your weight here, big empty Australia!
Well, that’s about all of the fantastic facts we have for you today! If you were astounded by any of them, be sure to let us know with a COMMENT! If you’ve heard a fact that you think would blow us and everybody else away, we’d love to hear from you too! In the meantime, SHARE this post if you enjoyed it!